#nowplaying ::: Pop Clips » 10 Aug 2010

A pair of Brazilian tweens engaging in a round of "Sexting" were watched live by more than 25-thousand netizens. Together with the couple, authorities believe that between 3 and 10,000 internet users may have downloaded and distributed the video and are now being investigated.

Let's hear it for the TROLLS! Blogger fritzmorgen argues [RUS] that Internet trolls [EN] in the Russian Internet is a good phenomenon. After a short practice of online conversation with trolls, Russian bloggers improve their rhetorical skills, general knowledge and the ability to provide proper argumentation fast in the real life. In Russia, however, Internet-style argument may lead to a physical violence, he adds.

Blogger molitva-i-post writes [RUS] that Moscow medical services failed to evacuate the body of her grandfather who died of heat and smog. Hospitals and morgues are filled with the dead, blogger reported. Despite numerous similar cases, the Ministry of Health denied [RUS] the increase in death rate caused by high temperatures.

The families of Philly duck boat victims Dora Schwendtner and Szabolcs Prem are moving forward with lawsuits.

Are YOU making any money blogging? I know a blogger who IS... and did you know that Sponsored Tweets has removed the $50 payout limit?

Ramadan is here...

Are you out of the loop when it comes down to Charles Taylor, Naomi Campbell, Mia Farrow and the Blood Diamonds? The Daily Mail has posted an article that lets you catch up in one fell swoop...
Steven Slater, the JetBlue flight attendant who was arrested after cursing out a passenger, grabbing two beers from a beverage cart and escaping down an emergency chute has become a Facebook celebrity. Last week Steven Slater was virtually unknown; today he has over 12,000 Facebook fans. Impressive!

Levi Johnston Finds a Purpose in Life - Driving Sarah Palin Nuts ::: He broke her daughter's heart, and now he wants her old job as mayor of Wasilla...

A new poll finds that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s approval rating has dipped below 50% for the first time in five years!!!

One of the stories I presented today involved a MoveOn.org rally at the State Capitol in Albany. One of the many people I interviewed as I worked on the story included Sean Parnell, the President of the Center for Competitive Politics in Alexandria (just outside DC). I guess I triggered Mr. Parnell's urge to blog, which he did, here, not so much about the Albany rally, but about his criticisms of MoveOn.org.

As a reporter I generally sit on the fence, monitoring and soliciting comment from both sides of whatever the issue happens to be. As a blogger I toss in a little more personal opinion, but that's what blogging is all about. Tweeting is another story. I've told you before that reporters should be careful when they tweet!

+ Add Your Comment

Sponsored by

Followers